"The Power of Less" - was the theme in the Web 2.0 Expo this time. The theme couldn't have been more apt given that the world is facing it's worst ever financial crisis since the Great Depressions in 1930s.
Focus was to present ideas on how to leverage web as an platform, introduce lightweight tools, improve user experience, help organizations to maximize resources and streamline productivity.
There are a number of interesting discussions, given below are my personal picks..
- Web 2.0 - Five Years on - by Tim O'Reilly (O'Reilly Media)
- The Year of Mobile Computer - by Anssi Vanjoki (Nokia)
- Building your First Android experience - by Tony Hillerson
- Designing Social interfaces: Principles best practices and patterns for designing social web - by Erin Malone (Tangible UX), Christian Crumlish (Yahoo!)
- Effective Twitter for Communication and Product integration - by Sarah Milstein (20Slides.com)
- Future of Mobile: Native App vs Mobile Web vs Hybrid App. - by Jason Grigsby (Cloud Four)